A few weeks ago I tried a homemade sausage recipe that I found. In that post I gave the source credit for the recipe. This time I tried it just as she wrote it except I substituted vegetable broth for chicken broth.
- I bought a turkey breast and a turkey thigh. Using my virgin boning knife I removed the meat from the thigh bone. The breast was already removed from the breast bone. I must admit this process caused me to consider becoming a vegan.
- I used my KitchenAide meat/nut grinder to grind the meat. I used both the light meat and the dark meat believing the dark meat would add a little fat. My hope was that the turkey would be juicier.
- Next I used my mortar and pestle to grind the basil and oregano.
- I added that along with the rest of the spices to the ground turkey.
- I used vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- Mixed it all up be sure to evenly distribute the spices.
- Finally, into the pan it went. I used a little oil in the pan so the patties wouldn’t stick. I think I used grapeseed oil or it might have been coconut. Either works.
- The results were very good. It was less dry but not what I wanted. Sooooo
Next time, I will bake a turkey part and use the drippings to add a little fat to the mixture.
For the recipe review Making Turkey Sausage.